A Discussion With IBM and Dun & Bradstreet Data Science Experts
The modern B2B organization is grappling with a rapidly changing world full of business complexities, more data than it knows what do with, and disruptive technologies that can be exciting yet disconcerting at the same time.
We hear from customers and partners every day who describe a business outlook filled with global economic uncertainty, far-reaching market expansion, multi-tier supply chains, and regulatory compliance scrutiny. Yet they remain optimistic about the promise of data-driven insights combined with emerging technologies to better manage opportunity and risk for business growth.
In this Churchill Club video series, Connecting Everything While Everything Is in Motion, leading data science experts Dr. Inderpal Bhandari, IBM’s Global Chief Data Officer, and Anthony Scriffignano, Ph.D., Dun & Bradstreet’s Chief Data Scientist, discuss the new age of inextricably connected data and emerging capabilities and the implications that could change the course of modern commerce.
Here are a few highlights:
- Changing Information - New Meaning to the 3 Vs: Organizations’ data scientists must continually find optimal ways to keep up with the volume, velocity, and veracity of complex, ever-growing data sets.
- The Future of AI for Business Leaders: The business leaders who thrive using emerging technologies will embrace them, adapt to constant change, synthesize, learn, and use resulting insights to make better decisions.
- How Would You Counsel Leaders to Be Stewards of Their Businesses?: The question of stewardship is one of self-examination – understanding why one is doing something. With data to back up their actions, responsible data stewards will be driven by the right motivation, moving their businesses in a positive direction.
- The Unstructured Data Challenge: AI can help make sense of unstructured data (approximately 80% of the world’s newly created data), so it can be applied in the context of more accurate and efficient decision making.
- The Biggest Data Steward Blunders: Cautions to avoid data steward blunders before moving forward on a major cognition endeavor: Lead with the question/objective and not the data, and make sure your organization’s data is ready for use.
Inderpal and Anthony’s discussion delves into the impact of connected data and emerging technology in the areas of commercial opportunity, malfeasance, ethics, the future of jobs, education, and much more.