Thank you for visiting the D&B website.
Since 1841, D&B has been the catalyst for commerce, by bringing businesses and business together. D&B has built its reputation through a commitment to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of sensitive information. Today D&B is one of the world's leading providers of business to business credit, marketing, purchasing and receivable management services.
Protecting individual privacy is very important to us. This Online EU Privacy Statement is designed to inform you about our online collection and use of personal information. The EU Data Protection Directive principles apply to this policy, as well as various EU member state national laws. This policy applies to individuals and their personal data, as set out by the above regulations, which is collected, stored and used by D&B. From time to time, D&B may modify this Online EU Privacy Statement.
The first section of this policy explains what information we collect when you use the D&B website, why we collect this and how we use and protect this information. The second section explains D&B's general policies towards protecting information.
Section 1: Data Collection and Use on the D&B Website
What information does D&B collect and why?
This policy applies to all information D&B receives from you, whether you are registering on our website or ordering any of our products. During the course of your use of this website, D&B will collect two types of information:
- Website Usage Information - This website uses an analytics tool to automatically gather certain statistical information such as the number and frequency of visitors and IP addresses. This information is used as aggregated statistical information about users, providing usage by IP address. Individual users cannot be identified from this type of data. This information helps us to measure how individuals use the website and our services, so that we can continually improve them.
- Personal Information - D&B requires information from you that may be personal, such as name, e-mail address, telephone numbers, fax numbers and credit card data in order for us to perform the services offered by the site and to fulfil your contracts with us to provide those services. Some of this information is voluntary; the compulsory fields are clearly identified whenever you are asked to supply information. On occasions, D&B may also collect additional information from you on a voluntary basis. This personal information may be used in a number of ways:
- Identifying potential new customers and subscribers
- Detecting and preventing fraudulent activity
- As part of the account opening process for new customers, to verify your identity
- We may also use the information for making a credit check on you and may share it with third parties to protect ourselves against fraud. We may carry out a search with a Credit Reference Agency that will keep a record of our enquiry against your name. We may use a credit scoring or other automated decision making system when assessing your application. Details of which credit reference agency we have used are available on request
- Providing you with the service that you have requested
- We may from time to time send promotional e-mails to you with information about our products and services. If you would like to receive such information please click on the "I agree" button if/when prompted to do so. We may also contact you via post, e-mail or telephone in relation to the administration of your account or to provide a service you have requested
- We reserve the right to license or sell the database related to this website (including personal data relating to you) to a third party or if we sell, assign or transfer the assets of our business
- IP addresses – we analyse IP addresses of visitors to our websites and match business information from our various databases and received from third parties against the IP addresses to learn more about what types of businesses are visiting our websites and the browsing preferences of such businesses on our websites. We use the information derived from these analytical activities, which may be combined with non-personally identifiable behavioral information received from third parties, to better model and refine our general marketing activities and may, from time to time and to the extent permitted by law, directly market our products and services to these businesses based on the information we have learned about their browsing activities while on our websites.
D&B will retain the information for as long as we reasonably deem necessary for the purposes listed above. Once we have processed your transaction, we will only retain your full credit card data if you have asked D&B to do this, to make it easier for you to use the site for repeat purchases.
To enable you to sign in and personalize your online experience D&B uses "cookies". A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies contain information that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer.
Section 2: D&B's approach to privacy and data protection
D&B's EU Privacy Principles
- We obtain personal information that is needed to provide our goods and services When D&B collects information directly from individuals, we obtain the personal information that is needed to provide our business -to-business goods or services, to provide customer service and to fulfil any legal or regulatory requirements. We also obtain personal information as a result of individual's business-related financial transactions with D&B or with D&B business customers. When we obtain information about individuals from third parties, we use reputable sources, including public repositories. D&B employs appropriate measures to assure the quality of information which we collect.
- We will inform individuals about the general uses of their information When we have a direct relationship with individuals, we will strive to make information available to them about the general uses of the information that we collect, including but not limited to licensing for use by third parties. This information is made available at the point of sale, through privacy notices on our websites, in other formats that are publicly available or through other means specified by applicable EU legislation and laws.
- We are committed to protecting the confidentiality of personal information Within D&B, access to personal information is limited to those employees of D&B and its affiliates who need it to fulfil their business responsibilities. Vendors and other outside contractors we engage are subject to contractual requirements to ensure personal information is safeguarded. We will disclose personal information in response to a lawful request issued by a court, government agency or regulatory authority with jurisdiction to make that request.
- We strive to give individuals choices about how their data will be used When we obtain personal information as part of our direct relationship with individuals, we will not share this information with non-affiliated third parties except in accordance with these Privacy Principles.
- We respect individual's rights in relation to direct marketing Where D&B engages in any form of direct communication with individuals for the purpose of marketing of D&B's products or services, we will ensure that procedures are in place to stop the direct marketing at the individual's request. All electronic communications will comply with legislation governing unsolicited communications; where required, D&B will obtain consent before sending direct marketing material or before licensing for use by third parties for similar purposes.
Information Security: How We Protect Your Privacy
D&B is committed to implementing the highest standards of information security to protect the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information. We limit access to your personal information to authorized D&B employees. We also maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the information against loss, misuse, damage or modification and unauthorised access or disclosure. Some of the other central features of our information security programme are:
- A dedicated group responsible for Information Security that designs, implements, and provides oversight to our information security programme;
- The use of privacy enhancing technology;
- Testing of the security and operability of products and services before they are introduced to the Internet, as well as on-going scanning for publicly-known vulnerabilities in the technology;
- Internal and external reviews of our Internet sites and services;
- Monitoring of our systems infrastructure to detect weaknesses and potential intrusions;
- Implementing controls to identify, authenticate and authorise access to various systems or sites;
- Protecting non-public communications through encryption or other means.
We hold ourselves accountable under our Privacy Principles
The EU Data Protection Officer serves as the regional privacy contact, with responsibility for administering the D&B privacy programme within the EU, including implementation of these Privacy Principles and for ensuring that D&B complies with applicable EU laws and regulations concerning the collection, use and storage of personal information.
The EU Data Protection Officer, working closely with individual subsidiaries, is responsible for:
- Overseeing employee privacy training and employee compliance programmes related to this Online Privacy Statement
- Conducting periodic assessments of D&B's compliance with this Online Privacy Statement, as well as specific implementation of policies and procedures
- Ensuring that D&B actively participates in appropriate privacy activities and regularly reviews its privacy practices and policies.
D&B's Privacy Principles guide us in the collection and use of information and reinforce the role our employees play in protecting individual privacy.
Privacy Questions and Access
If you have a question about this statement, you can send an email to the D&B - EU Data Protection Officer. The address for this is EUDPO@dnb.com. You can also contact us at this address if you have a question about D&B's handling of your information or if you wish to obtain a copy of personal data stored at D&B.
Before D&B is able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, however, we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details to help us to respond to your request. We will endeavour to respond within the legally mandated timeframe.
Please refer to D&B's local website and posted guidelines about how D&B complies with national data protection regulations relating to data subject access rights and how to successfully request your data by making a Subject Access Request, including the required detail and any necessary fees.
All complaints or concerns and appropriate resolution relating to the practices of handling personal information will be logged. Any complaints of this nature should be made in consultation with posted guidelines and if necessary to Customer Services or the EU Data Protection Officer at EUDPO@dnb.com.
The operator of this website is:
Dun & Bradstreet Limited
Bucks SL7 1AJ
T: 01628 492000
F: 01628 492260
Version 1.3 – 019/09/2016
© Dun & Bradstreet Inc., 2000-2013. All Rights Reserved