D&B Maximum Credit
Helping you to Decide with Confidence
D&B provides Scores and Ratings to help our customers identify organisations that are likely to fail or pay late, or will want to purchase their goods / services. This helps our customers drive growth and increase profitability by:
- Allowing automated decisions for increased efficiency, which will free up valuable resources to focus on more important decisions
- Enabling more consistent decisions across the entire organisation
- Applying scores across an entire portfolio to quickly identify risk and opportunity
- Allowing faster processing of large volumes of transactions
D&B Maximum Credit – Agree Appropriate Terms and Limits
The D&B Maximum Credit shows the total value of goods and / or services the ‘average’ creditor should have outstanding at any one time with an organisation. It is not necessarily the maximum the organisation can afford.
The Maximum Credit recommends a total value based on the information we hold for an organisation and helps our customers to agree appropriate terms and limits when extending credit.
The areas of information used to calculate the Maximum Credit are:
- Organisation Size – Based on financial information including Turnover, Total Assets and Tangible Net Worth when available or demographic information such as the number of employees
- Industry – Based on the Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) code
- Risk – Banded segments of the D&B Failure Score linked to the risk of failure.